What is involved in the actual mould removal process?
We use a Multi Step Mould Remediation process:
- Identification of the Mould and a Determination of the extent of the contamination – this is done during the mould Inspection
- Containment and Negative Air – Inspection and identification of extent of the mould contamination on the property, then negative air and dehumidification equipment are positioned according to the protocols stipulated for that job. Containment areas are established, and the area is prepared for remediation process.
- Remove the odour – Our Oxidative remediation process uses a series of treatments that oxidizes mould, bacteria and viruses, removes the toxins and the mVOC’s (the bad smell that mould gives off).
- Treat any other organics – During this first phase we identify and treat any other organic contaminants.
- Cleaning and treatments – This is followed up by the use some of the newest, most advanced technology: microbiostatics washes to treat the area – any remaining mould stains are treated and removed- the area is then dried.
- Full inspection, Quality Control – After the wash and drying – a full visual inspection and a microscopic examination is conducted of the problem/remediated areas. This gives our team of remediators the assurance to know that the area has been thoroughly disinfected.
- The latest in Mould Remediation Technology. Then final step involves fogging the entire area with provides an invisible, durable microbiostatic finish that protects surfaces against biodegradation by inhibiting microbial growth, preventing the mould from returning. This product will deliver effective inhibition of mould/mildew and algae, while killing and preventing the spread of common household germs; thus protecting surfaces, against deterioration, discolouration and odours. This process can only be applied to clean surfaces.
- Final Inspection – This is followed up with a final visual inspection and microscopic testing to ensure that all identified and treated areas are within specification, and that the odour has not returned and all signs of mould and mould staining have been removed. On-site results – before we leave the remediation site.
- Relative humidity levels and moisture levels in treated surfaces are checked, any repairs for water intrusion are inspected.
If the mould problem is more than 10 square feet or if you’ve tried cleaning it yourself and the odour persists you need professional consultation.