It is important to take precautions to limit your exposure to mould and mould spores:
- Do not touch mould or mouldy items with your bare hands.
- Do not get mould or the mould spores in your eyes .
- Do not breath in mould or mould spores.
- Use Personal Protective equipment – N95 respirator or a 1/2 face mask with Organic Vapour Cartridges Nitryl or latex gloves and eye protection goggles when investigating for mould in your home.
- Wash or shower well with soap after potential exposure to mould or mould spores
- Take care not to disturb mould spores until the area is prepared
- A small area that is contaminated and has the potential to distribute mould to other areas even during the cleanup.
- DO NOT use a fan to dry out the mould. This will spread the mould spores.
If the mould problem is more than 10 square feet or if you’ve tried cleaning it yourself and the odour persists you need professional consultation.
Level l Protocols – Remediation of Small-Scale or Minimal Mould Growth (Less than 1 m²)
Level ll Protocols – Remediation of Medium or Moderate Scale Mould Growth (Areas between 1 m²– 10 m²)
Level lll Protocols – Remediation of Large-Scale or Major Mould Growth (Areas greater than 10 m²)