Mould Inspections and Environmental Assessments
We find the Mould
If this is our first visit to the property, a full inspection will be conducted. We bring a portable lab with us to every job site and do a full inspection. We start with a full Moisture Survey of the Complaint area. We use non-invasive testing where possible, but if the problem appears to be severe, then we recommend cutting a small hole to inspect the area. We then take multiple surface samples from behind the wall. We ascertain if other contaminants are involved and try to find the source (or sources) for the problem. The “ground zero” so to speak.
We never rely on just one or two samples – even for spot checks.
As we bring the lab with us, you get the results of a statistically relevant sampling plan, during the inspection.
We answer questions that you need to know
- Is the mould caused by condensation or moisture intrusion or both ? Fixing a leak may not address the only source of the problem.
- What type of mould is growing ?
- How far has the mould spread?
- Is there damage to the structural integrity or is the problem with staining and cosmetic issues?
- Are there other associated problems, dust, other allergens such as high indoor pollen counts, asbestos, Volatile Organic Compounds(VOC’) ?
- How much is the remediation going to cost?
Our goal is to provide you with a complete and comprehensive environmental assessment which quantifies the extent of any fungal contamination and associated air quality issues and determines which surfaces that must be remediated. We provide full protocols and the scope of work on an area by area basis. We will also provide you with a full quotation for the remediation, if professional remediation is required.
In most situations we give the homeowner a full report the SAME DAY. Plus – as we know the results of the testing, you get personalized consultation – you know the answers before we leave the site.
Our easy to understand written report fully outlines, step by step, what needs to be done. This document can be used to get other companies to quote on doing the job, or decide if you want to do it yourself.
See our page on Mould Inspection and testing for more details.